As an adult learner, we understand you may have questions and concerns. Let us help you!
How do I balance course work with family responsibilities and work?
Riverland offers the flexibility that allows you to balance all your responsibilities.
- Riverland offers many programs that are 100% online
- Unlike many four year universities, Riverland offers many programs that can be completed part-time.
- Business Flex pace: check out our one-course-at-a-time accelerated learning model specifically designed for working adults. The flex pace model allows you to learn at your own pace.
How long will it take?
We offer many short-term programs (two years or less) that lead to high demand/high wage jobs.
Do I need to start from scratch? What about college coursework I’ve taken previously?
- Riverland will review transcripts from other colleges and, based on your career plan, let you know what credits will be transferred. Want more information on transfer?
- How to Run Your Degree Audit
- Transferology - College Transfer Information
How can I afford to go to college at this point in my life?
- Community colleges offer the most affordable tuition and fees in Minnesota
- Complete the FAFSA to receive financial aid, which includes free grant money for those who qualify
- Riverland offers 500+ scholarships through the Riverland Foundation.
- Are you employed at a company or business? Check to see if they offer tuition reimbursement for employees wanting to learn new skills.
It’s been a long time since I’ve taken classes. I’m worried about being successful