This career is currently in high demand.
This career is seeing very high growth compared to other careers.
There will be a need for about 2,835 new Computer Network Support Specialists to meet market demand between 2016-2026. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth.
Where Do Computer Network Support Specialists Work?
- Computer Network Support Specialists often work in the following industries.
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Educational Services
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Credit Intermediation and Related Activities
Job Title Examples
Internet Network Specialist, Network Diagnostic Support Specialist, WAN Support Specialist (Wide Area Network Support Specialist), Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), LAN Support Specialist (Local Area Network Support Specialist), Network Applications Specialist, Network Management Specialist, Network Services Information Technology Specialist, Network Workstation Technical Specialist, Network and Threat Support Specialist, Systems Specialist, VoIP Network Technician
(source: Minnesota State CAREERwise Education)