Associate of Science
This "transfer-or-not" option includes course work in areas that can be used toward a specific baccalaureate degree or prepare you for employment. The Associate of Science (AS) degree at Riverland allows you to complete a specific career program, such as registered nursing, law enforcement, etc.
An AS degree prepares graduates for immediate employment or transfer to a four-year institution.
- This degree enables students to focus on career and pre-profession courses while completing 30 semester credits in general education credits.
- 30 credits must be from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
- A minimum of twelve semester credits in the MnTC shall be distributed as follows: at least three semester credits from each of the goal areas: Goal 1 Communication, Goal 3 & 4 Natural Sciences & Mathematical/Logical Reasoning, Goal 5 History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Goal 6 Humanities and Fine Arts.
- A majority of the liberal arts and sciences courses shall be prerequisites to or specifically supportive of occupation courses.
- A grade point average of 2.0 or better must be maintained in the required program courses as well as for the credits the student applies toward the degree.
- Nursing students must have a 2.0 or better in each program course.