Transfer Tools

There are many tools available to help you plan for a seamless transfer from Riverland to your chosen college or university. 

Academic advising      

The Advising Department will help you explore transfer options, assist with long-term planning, and connect you with valuable resources. For transfer planning, it's best to schedule a 30-minute appointment. 


Transferology is a free site that allows students to create an account to see how courses transfer between colleges and universities in the Minnesota State System and across the country.  You can also see how standardized tests (such as AP or CLEP) and military credits transfer. This site is a must-use tool for anyone planning to transfer!

articulation agreements

The College has many formal agreements, or articulation agreements, with other colleges and universities in the region. These agreements facilitate the transfer of your Riverland Community College coursework to a specific academic program to which you intend to transfer. A list of our agreements is available on the articulation page at, which also has many other transfer resources provided by the Minnesota State System.  Students are encouraged to declare they are following an articulation agreement upon transfer to a university.

MN Transfer Pathways

Check out the great programs and majors that are offered in the Minnesota State system, including the transfer pathways options! Riverland Community College has over 20 transfer pathways programs. 

on campus bachelor’s degrees

Did you know you can complete your bachelor's degree on the Riverland campus? WSU and St. Scholastica offer degree completion programs on campus

Minnesota transfer curriculm

The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is a set of ten goal areas of general education coursework adopted by the public higher education institutions in Minnesota. Students may transfer their completed general education work at one public college or university to meet lower division general or liberal education requirements at any public college or university in Minnesota.

Once a public Minnesota college or university determines that a student has met the requirements of the MnTC, it will be accepted as complete at all other Minnesota State institutions. If a Minnesota State institution determines a student has satisfied a goal area, it will be accepted as complete at all other Minnesota State institutions. Similarly, if a Minnesota State institution applies one of its courses, or a course accepted in transfer from a regionally accredited institution, toward an MnTC goal, all other Minnesota State institutions will apply that course toward that same goal area. 

Will my courses Transfer CAll to action button

Contact Information

Haley Bauer
Associate Registrar