Complaint and Grievances Procedure

Please read the following information if you have concerns about Accessibility Services.

  • Students who do not agree with the denial for Accessibility Services are encouraged to discuss their concern with the an Accessibility Services Staff member within thirty (30) days from the date of the denial. The complaint can be submitted either in writing (hard copy or electronic) or communicated verbally and should describe the desired services and the reason for the service. Concerns can often be resolved at this informal level.
  • If a student believes they have been or are being subjected to conduct prohibited by Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education policies, they may file a discrimination/harassment complaint.
  • Students may also file a complaint directly with the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights (section 504) or the Department of Justice (ADA) if they feel they have been denied access to or the benefit of Riverland’s academic programs or activities. Students are not required by law to use the institutional grievance/complaint process before filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). A complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the date of the alleged discrimination. 
Suhai Boyer

Suhai Boyer
Accessibility Services 

Book an Accessibility Services Appointment