There are more than 160 sponsored scholarships available through the Riverland Community College Foundation that may help you achieve your educational goals. Scholarships are sponsored by friends of the College including staff, faculty, corporations, community organizations and individuals.
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further their education. Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. Scholarship money is not required to be repaid.
Fall Semester – July 15th
Spring Semester – November 1st
Summer Semester – April 15th
- Applicants must submit a new application each semester, including a new recommendation form.
- Applicants must be enrolled for a minimum of six Riverland credits and must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship criteria, to receive a Foundation scholarship.
- Students enrolled in Post Secondary Enrollment (PSEO) or concurrent enrollment classes for the academic year are not eligible for Riverland Foundation scholarships.
- Awards will be given starting the 11th day of class for either fall or spring semester and will be applied to the students' tuition accounts at Riverland Community College.
- Complete applications must be post marked by the deadline date or must be hand-delivered to a Riverland Student Service Representative or Foundation Staff member by 4:00 p.m.
- on the deadline date; deadline to submit a fall scholarship application is July 15; spring scholarship applications are due November 1.
- Students do not need to qualify for financial aid to be considered for a scholarship.