Employee Email Login Instructions
What you need to know!
Your e-mail address will stay the same
Logging in to your E-mail will change to:
E-mail Link: login.microsoftonline.com
Setting up your Desktop Outlook Client
- Login to your campus computer as you normally do, using your StarID.
- Open your Outlook email
- Enter the new Unified Minnesota State Username: YourStarID@minnstate.edu and password: your StarID password.
New Login effective Monday Morning, November 20th.
- Visit: login.microsoftonline.com
- DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO LOG IN. Use your StarID@minnstate.edu
- Your username: YourStarID@.minnstate.edu (enter your StarID. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter your StarID password
- Did you FORGET your StarID? https://starid.minnstate.edu/
- Once logged in to Office 365, click on the "Mail" tile to be taken to your inbox.
Will my e-mail address be the same?
YES, your e-mail address will not change. Your e-mail address will still be FirstName.LastName@riverland.edu.
What about my mobile device?
YES, you will have to update your account on your smartphone or mobile device. Usually, this just means changing your account's username. You can find help on setting up your mobile dvice by visiting the Office 365 Mobile Setup Page. NOTE: You may need to delete your account on your mobile device before installing the new app(s)
Question? Need help?
If you need assistance, please create a support ticket or call 507-433-0600
Why are employees migrating to Office 365?
In addition to email, Office 365 allows you to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs online. Some more benefits of using Office 365:
- Individual online space with 1TB of storage
- Free download of Office software suite for installation on personal home computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Publisher, Access, and InfoPath are also available for Windows systems
- Being on the same e-mail system as Riverland Faculty and Staff increases communication, sharing, and collaboration opportunities
- Eventually, students will be able to utilize a single e-mail account when taking classes at multiple Minnesota State campuses or transferring between campuses