Student Writing Contest
Riverland Student Writing and Artwork Contest and Accent Publication
Celebrate your work in Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, 20 and 30 Artwork.
Cash Awards of $100 will be given in each category.
- Students may enter multiple categories but can only win a cash award in one category.
- One "Honorable Mention 11 prize will also be awarded in each category.
- All submissions will be considered for publication in the Accent, literary magazine.
- Please limit your submissions to no more than 1 work in each category, and the maximum length is 1,200 words.
- Submissions in all categories will be judged by a qualified panel, and all decisions will be final.
- Submit .doc, or .rtf files to Jenny.Corey-Gruenes@riverland.edu, using "Fiction,11 "Nonfiction, 11 or "Poetry,11 in the title of the message, depending on your submission category, before midnight on April 5, 2019.
- Artwork is accepted in C119 from 11 AM-1 PM on April 3-5, 2019. Have a title for your artwork.
- Winners will be notified by Riverland email on or before May 1, 2019.
- Reading and Public Announcement of Winners at 2 PM, May 8, 2019 in Riverland Library.
This contest and publication opportunity is open to currently registered Riverland students. Copyright will remain with the author or artist, and all work must be the original work of the author or artist.