Students seeking credit for prior learning through skills assessment may be required to register for a credit based “Options for Success” credit course in the program for which they are seeking credit. If an “Options for Success” course is not available, the student should work with the Prior Learning Manager to schedule a skills assessment with the appropriate faculty member.
- Student contacts faculty; receives approval for skills assessment
- Student gets the SA form from enrollment advisor
- Student completes “course information” portion of form
- Student pays the fee
- Student takes the form to the instructor and completes the skills assessment
- Instructor completes “instructor verification” portion of the form; instructor returns form to the Registrar’s office
- Credit is transcripted (if awarded)