Student Email Login Instructions
STOP! Please Read!
Friday @ 6:00 PM, November 17 - Monday Morning, November 20 Riverland students will not be able to access their e-mail.
Beginning Monday morning (November 20th) all current Riverland students will need to log in to their email differently.
Old Login: starID@my.riverland.edu
New Login: starID@go.minnstate.edu
What you need to know!
Your e-mail address will stay the same
Logging in to your E-mail will change to:
E-mail Link: login.microsoftonline.com
New Login effective Monday Morning, Nov 20.
- Visit: login.microsoftonline.com
- DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO LOG IN. Use your StarID@go.minnstate.edu
- Your username: YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu (enter your StarID. Example: email@example.com)
- Password: Enter your StarID password
- Did you FORGET your StarID? https://starid.minnstate.edu/
- Once logged in to Office 365, click on the "Mail" tile to be taken to your inbox.
Will my e-mail address be the same?
YES, your e-mail address will not change. Your e-mail address will still be FirstName.LastName@my.riverland.edu.
Question? Need help?
If you need assistance, please send a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-433-0600
Why are students migrating to Office 365?
In addition to email, Office 365 allows you to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs online. Some more benefits of using Office 365:
- Individual online space with 1TB of storage
- Free download of Office software suite for installation on personal home computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Publisher, Access, and InfoPath are also available for Windows systems
- Being on the same e-mail system as Riverland Faculty and Staff increases communication, sharing, and collaboration opportunities
- Eventually, students will be able to utilize a single e-mail account when taking classes at multiple Minnesota State campuses or transferring between campuses