Returning Student

I previously attended Riverland and earned one or more credits. I would like to return after a break in enrollment.


1. Re-Apply at 

2. Send Riverland your High School and/or College Transcripts (If Applicable)

  • You will need to send transcripts to Riverland from ALL colleges outside of the Minnesota State system 

  • If we don’t have your high school transcript or GED yet, it is recommended you contact your high school to request an official transcript be sent directly to Riverland or submit a copy of your GED certificate.

3. Apply for Financial Aid

4.  Online Orientation

  • All Students are required to complete the Online Orientation prior to setting up your Advising and Registration Appointment. You'll receive the link to Online Orientation in your acceptance letter.

5.  Advising & Registration Appointment

You will be instructed to set up an Advising & Registration Appointment with your assigned advisor at the end of Online Orientation. You will create an academic plan and register for classes at your Advising and Registration Appointment.

  • Make sure we have received at least one of the following prior to your academic advising appointment: 
    • Your High School Transcript (if you graduated in the last 10 years)
    • Scores from ACT, SAT, and MCA testing (if taken within the last 5 years) or accuplacer scores. 
    • Transcripts for any college-level coursework taken at an accredited college or university

6.  Apply for Riverland Scholarships

7. Buy your books at the Riverland Bookstore


Need Assistance?

We're here to help. Contact Admissions Specialists or schedule an online or phone appointment with one of our Academic Advisors:

Front Desk: 507-433-0600

Frequently Asked Questions