This career is seeing very high growth compared to other careers.
There will be a need for about 2,880 new Computer User Support Specialists to meet market demand between 2014-2024. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth. (source: Minnesota State CAREERwise Education)
Sample Job Titles
- Computer Help Desk Specialist
- Information Technology Technician (IT Technician)
- Work Station Support Specialist
- Computer Technical Specialist
Where Do Computer User Support Specialists Work?
- Computer User Support Specialists often work in the following industries.
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Administrative and Support Services
- Educational Services
- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
Job Title Examples
Computer Help Desk Specialist, Information Technology Technician (IT Technician), Work Station Support Specialist, Computer Technical Specialist, Help Desk Specialist, Microcomputer Support Specialist, PC Installation Engineer (Personal Computer Installation Engineer), PC Support Specialist (Personal Computer Support Specialist), PC Support Technician (Personal Computer Support Technician), Printer Technician, Software Installer, User Support Specialist