Supporting Students During COVID-19
Riverland Online Resources
Riverland Online Resources
Other Technology Resources
- Tech for Learners: Online Learning Products, Resources, & Services (Filter to Higher Ed) (https://www.techforlearners.org/)
- MinnState Student Technology Support - Call us at 1-844-456-3876
Community & Government Resources
MinnState Colleges and Universities
MN Department of Human Services
The Minnesota Department of Human Services has temporary authority to waive or modify requirements so agencies can provide essential programs and services to Minnesotans without delay during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact the MN Department of Human Services Information Desk at 651-431-2000 or email DHS.email@example.com to see if you qualify for food and/or economic assistance.
The Federal Communications Commission has an agreement which states that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots for increased accessibility to the internet. Find more information at https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-363033A1.pdf.
Visit the following websites for the latest details on how to sign-up and leverage these services.
- AT&T COVID-19 Response - At&T offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families. Visit
- Comcast COVID-19 Response - Comcast offers free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time. Visit
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months - Charter to Offer Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi For 60 Days For New K-12 and College Student Households
- Cox Communications Response - Cox Communications offers a range of services and packages for the next 60 days (for ex, free access to over 650,000 Wi-Fi hot spots; residential customers in the company’s Starter, StraightUp Internet and Connect2Compete packages will be automatically upgraded to speeds of 50 Mbps).
- Sprint COVID-19 Response - Sprint is following the FCC agreement and will provide unlimited data to existing customers. Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Sprint will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge. Visit https://newsroom.sprint.com/covid-19-updates-sprint-responds.htm
- T-Mobile COVID-19 Response – T-Mobile is following the FCC agreement and providing unlimited data to existing customers. It will soon allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Verizon COVID-19 Response – There are no special offers, but Verizon is following the FCC agreement.
Food, Economic and Housing Assistance
- Riverland Food Pantry
- United Way
- Minnesota Food HelpLine - With one call, Minnesota Food HelpLine assesses the caller’s situation and provide solutions to their food needs. (Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call 888-711-1151, use the chat feature or fill out the form.)
- Salvation Army Food Pantry - (Enter your zip code)
- Albert Lea, 302 Court St., 507-373-5710
- Austin, 409 1st Ave NE, 507-437-4566
- Rochester, 120 N Broadway Avenue
- FreeFood.Org - Steele County Food Shelf, 155 Oakdale, Owatonna, MN 55060
- Channel One Regional Food Bank
- State Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)