Riverland Community College's Writing Center helps students in all disciplines become more effective and more confident writers. We believe that writing is a powerful tool not only for communicating existing ideas but also for discovering new ones; that learning to write is a life-long process; and that all writers benefit from sharing work in progress with knowledgeable, attentive readers. Our methods - multi-faceted, flexible, and above all, collaborative - reflect our respect for the individual writer, whose talents, voice, and goals are central to all our endeavors.
Dedicated to Riverland´s pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning, the Writing Center offers
Stayed tuned! There is more to come in the near future.....
- trained, supportive instructors who work one-on-one with students and with groups of students at all levels and in all disciplines through drop-in and scheduled sessions
- workshops about academic writing
- reference materials about academic writing
- trained, supportive peer tutors who will work one-on-one with fellow students
- access to resources and to writing support on all campuses
Mondays: 1-4 pm
Tuesdays: 9-11 am, 12:30-1:30 pm, 2-4 pm
Wednesdays: 12-3 pm, 4-6 pm
Thursdays: 9-11 am, 1-3 pm, 4-6 pm
Fridays: 3-6 pm
East Building Room N104
Marie Lechelt, Co-director
Office C135A AE
Emily Urness , Co-director
Office C140 AE
An affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual college programs accredited by associated professional organizations.
This information will be made available in alternative formats such as braille, large print, or audio upon advanced request by calling 507-433-0600. TDD 800-627-3529.
Riverland Community College.