How to have your transcript evaluated
- Request an official transcript from your previous institution. The Official transcript MUST come in a sealed envelope addressed from your previous institution; it can be hand-delivered or mailed directly to:
Riverland Community College
1900 8th Avenue NW
Austin, MN 55912
- Transferology - Transfer students may use uSelect to see how credits earned at other colleges and universities will transfer to Riverland. The uSelect website is a user-friendly online resource that includes academic program requirements, course descriptions, and course equivalency guides for schools in Minnesota and other states. Students may also view equivalencies in uSelect for standardized college level placement exams (CLEP, AP, IB, DSST/Dantes) and military course work.
- Once your transcript has been evaluated, you will receive an email with a DARS report. Provided here is a tutorial on How to Read a DARS Audit.
- Transfer Grades
All college level courses in which a student has received a grade of A, B, C, D or P/S will be considered for transfer evaluation. No F grade courses will be accepted. Please note that while D grades will transfer and will fulfill Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) requirements, some programs require all courses to have a grade of C or higher to fulfill requirements.
- Military Credit
Recent legislation in Minnesota requires Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to review military academic transcripts and give appropriate credit based on the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations. The transfer specialist will review your military training based upon the American Council of Education standards for Military Programs and provide you a copy of your Degree Audit Report (DARS) indicating what was accepted in transfer. Click here to check your military course equivalencies.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
Transfer students who do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress at a previous institution will be placed on academic suspension from Riverland. Our Satisfactory Academic Progress policy states that a student must complete at least 67% of their coursework attempted and maintain a GPA of 2.0. A student who is placed on academic suspension due to previous coursework at another institution does need to appeal the suspension at Riverland.
- If you have questions about your evaluation, please contact the transcript evaluator for an explanation of your evaluation.
- Student Transfer Appeal
Complete the Transfer Course Evaluation Appeal form, submit it with all supporting documentation (course syllabus, course description and/or course outline) and a typed letter explaining the rationale for your appeal to the Registrar’s Office.
Transfer Course Evaluation Appeal Form
If you are still not satisfied with the results of this appeal, you may appeal to the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs at Riverland. A third and final transfer appeal is available at the system level. See Procedure 3.37.1 Part 7.
- Student Appeal Policy: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System Procedures 3.37.1 Part 7
- View Board Policy 3.39, Transfer Rights and Responsibilities, to understand students' and institution's rights and responsibilities as they relate to transfer of credit.
Advanced Placement Credit (AP)
College Level Examination (CLEP)
DANTES-Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support/DSST
Interactive Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS)
International Baccalaureate (IB)
Master Course Outlines
Military Transfer - Veterans Education Transfer System (VETS)
Minnesota Transfer - This site enables students, transfer specialists and educators to access transfer information for regional, public, private and out-of-state colleges and universities.
Transfer Action Plan
Transfer Course Evaluation Appeal Form
uSelect - Transfer students may use uSelect to see how credits earned at other colleges and universities will transfer to Riverland. The uSelect website is a user-friendly online resource that includes academic program requirements, course descriptions, and course equivalency guides for schools in Minnesota and other states. Students may also view equivalencies in uSelect for standardized college level placement exams (CLEP, AP, IB, DSST/Dantes) and military course work.
Glossary of Terms
An affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual college programs accredited by associated professional organizations.
This information will be made available in alternative formats such as braille, large print, or audio upon advanced request by calling 507-433-0600. TDD 800-627-3529.
Riverland Community College.