- The Associate in Arts Degree will be awarded to students for successful completion of 60 semester credits.
Forty of these 60 credits must be selected from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum requirements listed below.
- The remaining 20 credits are considered electives and may be chosen from any course with a course number of 1000 or higher; one of these elective credits must be a PHED or HLTH or EMER course or HCNA 1200 or THTR1111.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits must be taken at Riverland; this requirement is reduced to 12 semester credits for students transferring from another Minnesota State College or University. (MnSCU)
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- All college level courses in which a student has received a grade of A, B, C, D or P/S will be considered for transfer evaluation. No F grade courses will be accepted. Please note that while D grades will transfer and will fulfill Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) requirements, some programs require all courses to have a grade of C or higher to fulfill requirements.
Transfer Resources on the Web
MnTransfer.org is a resource for students, academic advisors, and educators to locate information to guide in transfer planning – including transfer policies and procedures, articulation agreements, student services, and transfer contact information. Most information is specific to the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) System.
Transferology is a multi-state web-based database of course equivalency and transfer information that provides program information, course descriptions and equivalencies, and links to schools’ student services websites. It also offers a degree planning option to view how your courses transfer to other participating schools and universities.
Transfer Action Plan
View Board Policy 3.39,
Transfer Rights and Responsibilities, to understand students' and institution's rights and responsibilities as they relate to transfer of credit.
An affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual college programs accredited by associated professional organizations.
This information will be made available in alternative formats such as braille, large print, or audio upon advanced request by calling 507-433-0600. TDD 800-627-3529.
Riverland Community College.