Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-Degree Seeking students are those who are planning to take some courses at Riverland Community College, but are not planning on completing a degree, diploma or certificate. By registering as a non-degree seeking student, you do not need to complete the entire admissions process. Students planning to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate must complete the admissions process prior to registration. Once you register as a non-degree seeking student, you remain a non-degree seeking student the entire semester so please make this decision carefully.
To apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student, please complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Apply to the College
STEP 2: Under Major/Program Information please select the following:
Preferred delivery method for the major/program:
Online or On campus
Select the desired major/academic program
Select the desired degree/award
Not Seeking Degree
STEP 3: Submit the application.
STEP 4: Pay the $20 nonrefundable application fee. Please pay with your credit or debit card online at the end of the online application so your application process will not be delayed. If you experience problems paying online, contact 1-877-GO-MNSCU (1-877-466-6728). You can also pay by mail or in person at the Riverland Bookstore. Do not send cash.
Your application will be reviewed and once approved by college staff a confirmation will be mailed to you with the following information:
- Your Student ID and Password.
- Instructions and dates for registering online.
- Instructions for activating your Riverland campus email address & D2L account.
Non-Degree Seeking Students:
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-degree seeking students may register for up to 8 credits during summer session at Riverland.
- Non-degree seeking students must meet any required course prerequisites or test scores. If you do not meet the appropriate requirements, you will be blocked from registering.
- Non-degree seeking students will register and pay for classes using the MnSCU eServices site. To make a payment, click the Bills and Payments link following your completed registration. Any questions regarding payment may be directed to the Business Office at 507-433-0522.
- Be sure to meet the payment deadlines to avoid course cancellation for non-payment.
- You will be dropped from your classes if you have not paid your tuition by the published deadline or met one of the following conditions:
- You have established a payment plan with FACTS e-Cashier. Enroll in a payment plan now.
- You have submitted to the Business Office a 3rd party billing authorization or a scholarship to cover costs.
- STUDENTS WHO DO NOT PLAN TO ATTEND CLASSES MUST DROP CLASSES ONLINE OR YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BALANCE DUE.
- In addition to your eServices account, you are responsible for activating and utilizing your Riverland campus email & D2L account. To learn more about each of these accounts and for activation instructions, click here.
- Please review and complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student Checklist.