Welcome to Riverland Student Housing
Riverland's Student Housing can be your home away from home. Student Housing offers a fun, affordable and safe opportunity to live on campus. Student Housing is conveniently located on the Austin Campus, It is just a short walk to class, computer labs, library, fitness center and gymnasium, and other College services.
"Living at Student Housing can be a life changing experience. I met so many people I never thought I would have ever met and those friends are going to be around for a lifetime."
DiJon, Minneapolis, Liberal Arts
Student Housing Facts
- Each unit is designed to accommodate up to:
- Six students at the double rate
- Private rooms are on a space available basis only.
- Each unit has:
- three bedrooms with two beds
- two full baths
- a large pantry
- living area.
- Couch/Loveseat and/or Chairs
- Coffee and/or end tables.
- Two bunkable beds
- Two study desks
- Two chairs
- Two closets
- Cable TV and WiFi
- Each unit's living area and kitchen are furnished with:
- Each bedroom area is very comfortable area for two tenants per room and is furnished with:
- A community room is accessible to housing tenants and is equipped with:
- Karaoke Machine
- Pool table, ping pong table
- In addition, there is a patio area with a fire pit and gas grill.
- Housing is available to private parties in the summers.
- Student Housing has a handicapped accessible unit available upon request.
- Student Housing is an alcohol and drug free environment. Tobacco use is permitted only outside the units.
- Student Housing also has outgoing mail, a coin operated 24 hour laundry facility, as well as an onsite Manager
Rent and Lease Details
- A $100 deposit is required with the application to initially hold a space in College Park Housing. (note, all international students are required to submit the entire $300 deposit to initially hold a space in College Park Housing)
- An additional deposit of $200 is required prior to August 4th to secure the space.
- All applications submitted after August 4th requires the entire $300 deposit in order to secure space in College Park Housing.
- The initial $100.00 room hold can be refunded before July 1st of that year if the tenant has chosen not to live at Student Housing. Anytime after July 1st that $100.00 deposit will be absorbed by Student Housing. All deposits will be forfeited after August 4th if tenant has chosen not to live at Student Housing.
- All deposits are non-refundable if an applicant cancels their room commitment after August 4th.
- The $300 deposit to secure a space in College Park Housing will automatically be applied toward the required $300 refundable security deposit, upon move in.
- Rent is $1,500.00 per semester, per person for a double room
- Rent is $2,100.00 per semester, per person for a private room on a space available basis only.
- Rent includes all utilities, cable TV, WiFI, and garbage. Rent does not include telephone.
- Students must sign a two-semester lease. Exceptions will only be made for tenants graduating at the end of the semester or if their specific program ends sooner.
- Monthly birthday lunch and cakes to individuals with birthdays
- Monthly Bingo- prizes and chamber bucks
- Outside activities like volley ball and badminton
- Special events each month around holidays, i.e. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s Day, springtime
- A complete Fall Room Reservation or Spring Room Reservation must be sent to the Student Housing Manager with a $100 room hold. An additional deposit of $200 is required by August 4th to secure the space, or you will risk losing your space to students on the waiting list. The initial $100.00 room hold can be refunded before July 1st of that year if the tenant has chosen not to live at Student Housing. Anytime after July 1st that $100.00 deposit will be absorbed by Student Housing. All deposits will be forfeited after August 4th if tenant has chosen not to live at Student Housing.
- The $300 deposit to secure a space in College Park Housing will automatically be applied toward the required $300 refundable security deposit, upon move in. This security deposit is refundable pending an assessment of damages at check out.
- When the tenant signs the Contract/lease to College Park Housing, a refundable $300 security deposit must be in place prior to move in.
- Tenants sign a lease for the entire school year (fall and spring semesters) which requires rent payments to be made prior to move in and/or the beginning of each semester. Payment is expected to be made by cash or check. If financial aid is helping to cover the housing expense and payment may be delayed, a financial aid deferment must be obtained from the business office and presented to the manager of College Park Housing prior to move in.
- Tenants will have space in one bedroom and share common space that includes two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room with up to five other students.
- Tenants will be responsible for following all the rules, and regulations outlined in the College Park Housing Contract/lease and Student Housing Handbook while they reside in College Park Housing.
- The tenants will receive a confirmation letter.
- On Check in Day, rent must be paid in full or charged to your financial aid prior to check in. Your room hold and security deposit can not be charged against your financial aid.
Director of Residential Life & Activities