Procedures for Applying for Graduation
- Graduation is not automatic; All students must apply to graduate even if they do not intend to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Complete your graduation early in the term which you will be graduating.
- All students must attach a DARS report (Degree Audit Report) to the application. The DARS needs to state: "All requirements complete-in progress courses used" or "All requirements identified below have been met."
- Applications will not be accepted without this DARS report.
- To obtain your DARS report, login to your eservices with your starID and password, click on Grades and Transcripts and choose Interactive Degree Audit Report.
- If you will be taking courses in the summer sessions or transferring back courses, please list on the bottom of your application the courses you plan to register for in the summer or are transferring back including the college you are taking the courses.
- All notifications regarding your application, graduation, and commencement will be sent to your Riverland Student E-mail. Be sure to check your e-mail on a regular basis. If you do not receive an e-mail notification within 2 weeks of submitting your application, your application was not received. You must contact Enrollment Services and submit a new application.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address. It is your responsibility to make sure your contact information on file is accurate. Diplomas will be mailed approximately 12 weeks after the semester ends.
- If you are requesting to have the MnTC posted to your record, you must verify you have met the requirements before submitting the application. The MnTC is not a degree.