Associate in Science
This "transfer-or-not" option includes course work in areas that can be used toward a specific baccalaureate degree or prepare you for employment. The Associate in Science (AS) degree at Riverland allows you to complete a specific career program, such as registered nursing, law enforcement, etc.
An AS degree prepares graduates for immediate employment or transfer to a four-year institution.
- This degree enables students to focus on career and pre-profession courses while completing 30 semester credits in general education credits.
- 24 credits must be from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
- General education shall be selected from at least six of the ten goal areas of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (Must have at least six of the ten goal areas of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- Sixteen semester credits in the MnTC shall be distributed as follows: at least four semester credits from each of the categories of communication, humanities, social sciences, and mathematics/natural sciences.
- A majority of the liberal arts and sciences courses shall be prerequisites to or specifically supportive of occupation courses.
- A grade point average of 2.0 or better must be maintained in the required program courses as well as for the credits the student applies toward the degree.
- Nursing students must have a 2.0 or better in each program course.
- A minimum of one credit in physical education and/or health is required for graduation.
An affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual college programs accredited by associated professional organizations.
This information will be made available in alternative formats such as braille, large print, or audio upon advanced request by calling 507-433-0600. TDD 800-627-3529.
Riverland Community College.