Our Massage Therapy Program is a one year, full-time program of study that begins in July and is completed with the conferring of a Diploma upon graduation the middle of the following May.
To be considered for entrance into the program a student must:
- Apply to Riverland, be currently enrolled, or have been a Riverland student in the past.
- Apply specifically to the Massage Therapy Program
- Attend a Massage Therapy Open House.
The above 3 steps must be completed as soon as possible after Jan 1st of year student desires to attend in order to begin the program in July.
In addition, after applying, a student will:
- Have CPR certification in place by the first day of class, which will remain current throughout the length of the program.
- Introduction to Massage Therapy.
- This course runs every Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-2:50 for 8 sessions, (1 1/2 weeks in July). *The rest of the fall courses then begin when the regular fall semester starts.
- Fall courses begin after the completion of the Intro Course and include:
- Intermediate Massage
- Topics in Massage Therapy
- Reflexology and Chair and Hot Stone Massage
- Human Biology
- Advanced Massage
- Clinical Experience
- Special Populations (Pathology)
- Issues in Massage Therapy
- Workplace Human Relations