NJCAA Eligibility Requirements
Requirements for Athletic Eligibility-There are a number of standards students must meet to be eligible. The basic requirements are listed below:
- Student-athletes must be enrolled in full time status using any combination of sessions within a term, and in classes that begin before the end of the sport season in which the student-athletes choose to participate, within 15 calendar days from the beginning of the term.
- Student-athletes who do conform to this rule will be ineligible for the remainder of the term.
- Student-athletes must maintain enrollment of 12 or more credits of college work as listed in the college catalog during the term of athletic competition. Student-athletes that drop below 12 hours are ineligible until full-time status is regained within the term.
- Student-athletes must be making satisfactory progress within an approved college program or course as listed in the college catalog.
- Prior to the 15th calendar day from the beginning date of the term for the second full-time Semester, as published in the college catalog, a student-athlete must have passed 12 semester hours with a 1.75 GPA or higher.
- Prior to the 15th calendar day from the beginning date of the term for the third full-time semester and all subsequent semesters thereafter, as published in the college catalog, a student-athlete must satisfy one of the following four requirements to be eligible for the upcoming term:
- Pass a minimum of 12 semester hours with a 2.00 GPA or higher during the previous semester of full time enrollment
- Pass an accumulation of semester hours equal to 12 multiplied by the number of semesters in which the student-athlete was previously enrolled full-time with a GPA of 2.00 or higher,
- A first season participant must have passed a minimum accumulation of 24 credit hours with a 2.000 GPA or higher for the initial term of participation, regardless of previous term or other accumulation requirements (*This only established eligibility for the initial term, not subsequent terms).
- A first or second season participant must have passed an accumulation of 36 credit hours for a fall sport, 48 credit hours for a spring sport, with a 2.00 GPA or higher, regardless of previous term or other accumulation requirement.
- Prior to a second season a participation in an NJCAA certified sport, student-athletes must pass a minimum accumulation of 24 semester hours with a 2.00 GPA or higher. (This is in addition to satisfying D. and E.)