Want to put your languages at work? Your Opportunity awaits at Century College!
Earn a Century College Certificate or AAS degree. You can complete the TRIN program in two years or less by:
- attending general elective courses on-campus at Riverland Community College or Century College.
- attending all of the Century College TRIN core classes on campus at Century College or on campus by ITV from Riverland Community College.
Century College and Riverland Community College have partnered to make the Language Translating and Interpreting (TRIN) program available and accessible to greater Minnesota communities via ITV courses held at Riverland Community College.
Two programs are available:
- Translating and Interpreting Certificate - 30 credits
- Translating and Interpreting Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) - 60 credits
When: Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Where: Riverland Community College - Austin East Room C108
Time: 12:00 p.m. (noon) or 1:00 p.m.
Download the Program Packet; this Program Packet includes:
- Step-by-Step Guide to apply to the TRIN Program, Century College, and Riverland Community College (Riverland CC) or Rochester Community and Technical College (Rochester CTC)
- TRIN Program Information Form - To be completed and submitted
- TRIN Program Checklist for RCC/RCTC
- TRIN Program Information
- TRIN Course Descriptions
- TRIN Program Model Course Sequence
- TRIN Program Transfer and Credit By Exam Guidelines
- TRIN Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The demand for qualified interpreters grows every day as our communities continue to diversify.At Riverland, you'll learn:
- About standards of practice and codes of ethics for interpreters
- The foundational interpreting skills, how to practice them, and how to maintain them
- How to prepare for job assignments and how to acquire new vocabulary and conceptual knowledge
- About a variety of interpreting settings
Are you an experienced interpreter currently working in the field?
At Riverland, you will:
- Increase your analytical, critical thinking and interpreting skills
- Complete continuing education as recommended by professional organizations and many employers
- Broaden your knowledge of a variety of interpreting settings
- Find resources and new colleagues to exchange knowledge and ideas
Riverland's TRIN program stands out from the rest:
- Open to all languages
- Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree in 2 years or less
- Comprehensive, ethics-based interpreting skills training
- Appropriate for experienced interpreters and individuals new to the field
- Transfer students accepted - continue your training at Century
- Faculty members are experienced translators and interpreters
- Convenient evening, weekend and ITV classes
- Affordable tuition / financial aid available
- Fully online courses available