Upon completion of this program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and identify nutritional needs in participants and suggest dietary changes for enhanced performance.
- Know and apply principles and methods of training for health related components of fitness (cardio-respiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance and flexibility) to indiviual and/or team workout plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to individualize exercise instruction for a variety of individuals with different fitness levels and abilities.
- Be content prepared to take a Personal Trainer national certification test from one of the credentialing associations.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, implement and execute effective and time efficient practices.
- Demonstrate proper techniques for administering injury prevention, injury treatment, first aid and CPR.
- Identify individual differences and psychological factors in athletes /clients that affect sport and exercise performance.
The U.S. Department of Education’s gainful employment regulations require disclosure of certain program information to students and prospective students in order to maintain federal financial aid eligibility for students enrolled in “gainful employment” programs.
View Gainful Employment on this program