The Honors Program at Riverland Community College offers enhanced learning opportunities and activities to students who demonstrate academic excellence and a high level of interest and initiative. The Honors Program consists of 12 honors credits plus a three credit Honors Leadership Development course.
To register for Honors courses, you must have:
- Reading Accuplacer score of 100 or more, or
- Reading ACT Score of 24 or more, or
- Permission from the Honors Program Coordinator, based on faculty recommendation and a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher.
Honors Program Requirements:
Students should declare their intention for completing the Honors Program when they select their academic program and indicate it when they apply to graduate.
- Increased opportunities for intellectual challenges and growth
- Opportunity to work with other highly motivated students in small classroom settings
- Designation of Honors after each Honors section on college transcript indicates academic rigor to potential employers, transfer institutions, and/or scholarship committees.
- Regalia at graduation from Riverland (pending)
- Partnership transfer programs with state universities (pending)
- Attendance at Gustavus Adolphus' Nobel Conference during the fall semester
Last Updated: March 14, 2017