Our Massage Therapy Program is a one year, full-time program of study that begins in July and is completed with the conferring of a Diploma upon graduation the middle of the following May.
To be considered for entrance into the program a student must:
- Apply to Riverland, be currently enrolled, or have been a Riverland student in the past.
- Apply specifically to the Massage Therapy Program
- Attend a Massage Therapy Open House.
The above 3 steps must be completed as soon as possible after Jan 1st of year student desires to attend in order to begin the program in July.
In addition, after applying, a student will:
- Have CPR certification in place by the first day of class, which will remain current throughout the length of the program.
- Introduction to Massage Therapy.
- This course runs every Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-2:50 for 8 sessions, (1 1/2 weeks in July). *The rest of the fall courses then begin when the regular fall semester starts.
- Fall courses begin after the completion of the Intro Course and include:
- Intermediate Massage
- Topics in Massage Therapy
- Reflexology and Chair and Hot Stone Massage
- Human Biology
- Advanced Massage
- Clinical Experience
- Special Populations (Pathology)
- Issues in Massage Therapy
- Workplace Human Relations
An affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual college programs accredited by associated professional organizations.
This information will be made available in alternative formats such as braille, large print, or audio upon advanced request by calling 507-433-0600. TDD 800-627-3529.
Riverland Community College.